Tuesday, January 24, 2017

REIKI SELF-RETREAT


I always start the year with a retreat. It is my way of renewing my inner connection to the Divine Source and to remain centered spiritually. 

Reiki Self-Retreat is my tool of reviewing my past year and setting my goals for the New Year. It is also my avenue to do my own inner space clearing and divination.

Here are some ways on how one can do the Reiki Self-Retreat.

1.  Set your sacred time and space. 

You can leave your house or go somewhere else   for your personal retreat. When I was in the Philippines, I used to go to Baguio for my personal retreat. Now that I am here in Tortola, I hold it in our wellness centre. I tell my family that I am going to be in silence for a day, so no one can bother me.  Once my husband and I went to a retreat house and occupied two separate rooms for our own personal retreats. We really had a good experience of sharing our sharing our sacred moment yet having our own individual sacred space.

The key is set the date and your space.

2. Know what you want and create the flow of your personal retreat.

Know what you want to achieve in your personal retreat. You might want to do some inner clearing through self-healing or meditation. Or you might want to do a reflection, pray, or do a goal setting. Or you might want to combine all of the above. 

My personal retreat is a combination of all. I usually do my inner clearing in the morning and the reflection, then the divination and goal setting in the afternoon all through night. It is important that you write your own program as your guide.

3.  Prepare your materials.

Once you have created the flow of your retreat, you may now know what you need. You may prepare to bring your pens, papers, drawing materials, bible or other spiritual texts, incense, flowers, crystals and any other things that can enhance your personal connection to the Divine.

I love to bring my favorite crystal, rosary, God or Goddess statue, and my Divination tools (runes, angel tools, cards, etc.)

4.  Other tips

Prepare to eat light during the retreat. If you can fast, do it so. Or you can also be in a vegetarian meal.  Eating light food with good energy helps the physical body to adjust to a long hours of meditation and prayers.  This is also a way of detoxification. I sometimes do mono-fruit diet or just water.

Here is the sample of one of my personal retreat:

Morning:

9:00 – 9:30 – Clearing the Space / Setting the space
9:30 – 10:00 - Opening the Body - Yoga Exercises or Qigong
10:00 -10:30 - Chanting Sacred Sounds
10:30 -12:00 - Reiki Self-Healing/Kotodama/Hat-su-rei-ho/ Light Body Meditation
               
12:00 - 1:30 - Break
1:30   - 2:00 - Gassho Meditation 
2:00 -   3:00 - Backward Review of my past Year
                       Reflection/ Gratitude Exercises/ Prayer
3:00 -    3:30 - Rest
3:30 -   4:00   - Visioning for the Year
                         Prayer of Guidance
4:00 - 5:00   -   Self-Divination/ Receiving Messages from the Divine/ Closing Prayer

Self-Retreat is my Food for my Soul. I can’t do without this seasonal retreat.

I hope this helps for the new retreatants.

Love and Lights! 


No comments: