Tuesday, December 15, 2020

WHY DO I TEACH REIKI ONLINE? – Part One

 Yes! I now teach Reiki online since March 2020.



I started teaching Reiki Online since the COVID-19 Lockdown was implemented.  I must tell you that teaching online was my first response to the situation to continue the mission of service through Reiki.

Honestly, I did not promote teaching online before.  I did not discourage my students,  but I never encouraged them because of some limitations when getting the lessons online. The common question is – “does the attunement work in a distance?” Of course, it does.

Attunement works even in  a distance because it is energetic. Energy and intention have no boundaries. I experimented in getting attunements online when I was a Reiki Second Degree practitioner.  I must say that I did feel a different energy coming to me during the time when I was attuned in a distance. However, because I have not met the Reiki Master in person and online, I do not consider the teacher as part of my lineage. I cannot even remember the website and the name of the teacher.

Why was the teaching of Reiki Online discouraged ?

Having a Reiki Class and teaching Reiki were discouraged before because of the following reasons:

  1.     Personal relationship was not built between teacher and student.
  2.     Students were left to develop their practice on their own after taking the recorded classes.
  3.   Students finished the levels quickly with no direct supervision of the practical side of learning   and practice of Reiki.


I have had students who took classes online before they came to my in-person class and most of them felt that they were missing some elements of learning from having  online Reiki classes. I would say that this is because, most of the classes were recorded and thus lacked the experience of actually learning with the teacher.  Even the attunements were scheduled on a designated time with no interaction with the teacher. The recorded classes lacked the teacher-student relationship that is usually built during the classes and mentorship. The teacher-student relationship is very important with Mikao Usui’s way of teaching and mentorship. It is in this relationship that knowledge on the practice, life  and spirituality can be passed on to students.

Mikao Usui built personal relationships with his students. He guided them on their personal, practical and spiritual development. Recorded classes usually lack this development as everything has been automated.  Certificates are usually given after the completion of the classes and quizzes. However, the practical mastery is not ensured. Although teachers can be communicated through e-mail, still there is no personal interaction online.

Meditation and healing practices are not developed in the recorded trainings.  Most of the students are left to practice on their own, without the supervision of the teachers.

Requirements to move up from one level to another become so fast for most students. Students lacked the mastery of practice that can only be developed through practical application of Reiki rather than just finishing the recorded classes.

I would say that all of the above were the reasons why the online Reiki teaching was discouraged before.

So, why teach the Reiki Classes online now?

I believe that Reiki is a gift to humanity. This gift is not only for healing oneself but for the healing of
humanity.  Reiki contributes to the evolution of consciousness of the people to understand God and its creation. So, if Reiki plays an important role for humanity, it should be pursued in all circumstances. 

      1.   Reiki is more needed in these challenging times.

No circumstances should prevent Reiki which is a gift to humanity from being promoted to people.

Teaching Reiki online is one way of finding how it can reach the majority of people specially during time when it is needed most.

To not teach Reiki because the circumstances prevent it is like stopping the river from flowing to the sea.  Let us allow the Reiki to flow and find its ways to reach the people.

It is saddening to see teachers being paralyzed to teach nor to heal because of lockdowns, quarantine, or social distancing  during this COVID 19 Pandemic. Shall we allow ourselves to do nothing when this is the time when Reiki is needed most?

2.  Technology has now advanced to allow teachers to teach in a more qualitative way.

A few years ago, most of the classes online were pre-recorded.  This must be because doing a live video or an even a live audio was expensive. I remember using net phone or jack phone just to have a voice call and with accumulated minutes this can be awfully expensive. One also faced the challenge of poor connection.

3.  Humanity has evolved and is breaking down the barriers to work as One.

The inner consciousness of humans has evolved into grasping teachings through the soul. Inner knowing has evolved so that the topic of spirituality and even metaphysical aspects are easily learned by people. There is a longingness for a deeper understanding of life. Even if Reiki is not taught online, people will find ways to learn things through the inter-connectedness that is available online. So, teaching Reiki Online is making used of a tool that can connect to people who are now ready for the teachings regardless of the distance. This is working for oneness with modern technology.


4.  Quality teaching can now be done using the advanced platform online.

When I started to teach Reiki, I was indeed new to the different platforms used for teaching. I did not even know how to look good or present well online.  However, my overflowing desire to follow my mission led me to know more. I wanted to teach and reach out to my students and was thus led how to educate myself. I would say that I am doing more now than what I used to do when teaching in person, just to ensure that students learn the practical and theoretical lessons of Reiki.

With different advanced platforms for teaching, one can develop a personal relationship between students and teachers. Teachers can teach a live class easily; that paves the way to interact with students and answer any questions that may arise during the class. Exercises can even be demonstrated to the students live. Recorded classes may also be given for reviews.

There can be no reason that students will not develop properly in an online teaching modality when taught properly and creatively.

 

If we believe that Reiki is a gift to humanity, let us spread it to all.

If we believe that Reiki is spiritual energy, then let us live with this to the highest potential!

To stop the good work due to human limitations is not living in the highest Spirit!


Love and Light,

Aisa

www.cosmichealer.net

 


 


No comments: